Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Darkest Time

I 'm here sitting on my parent-in-law's home alone. It has been few weeks since several dramatic moments happened consecutively. Shit happens, covid-19 happens. These days should be cheering days of welcoming my beloved daughter, instead i'm facing tremendous catastrophic infection of covid-19. I never have any struggling of fighting disease, God give me a good body and i do take care of it so much.

This covid-19 infection almost troubled me nothing. I got fever back then, like 38.7 C degrees but that lasted 2 - 3 hours only. My body fought that fever well, i got back in fit condition later. Although i was still infected by covid-19 for around 10 days later. Today i'm clean, but deep inside i'm scare. I belive my ignorance has driven me to the thought of covid-19 remains still hidden on some of my stuff. I'm afraid if i mistouched that remain then it will be spread to new pandemic at home. I just don't know whether it’s safe or not and which one is. I assume all home-things i touched before i went to hospital were indicated to be infected. Such ignorance prejudice, maybe i just don't forgive myself well. Whatever.

Me being infected is another thing, i got my 36 weeks pregnant wife infected too. That's the thing and the most concerned about. The early day we got sick, we took care each other. She was the first one down, i took care of her, then me another day. Yet we didn't know we got that sht covid-19. 3 days later because of covid-19 infection, she got contraction. We ran to hospital immediately, she was being handled well. Her gynaecologist suggested her to be hospitalized, we agreed without a doubt. It's hospital policy during covid-19 pandemic that any person that will be hospitalized should be taking a swab pcr test.

Her gynaecologist is quite generous person, he was lobbying the hospital so we can take the cheapest test means the longest yielded result (1 day result). But unfortunately due to covid-19 indication that they observed on my wife, after a good treatment of her contraction.. they allowed us to do home care instead. Right at the morning after, doctor called me and informed that my wife was positively covid-19 infected. That dropped us very very down.

That day was catastrophic, we informed our family.. i had been trying to calm my wife down well the whole morning but then our family cried out of our room histerically.. everything was fell down. We were trying to find hospital that can handle both covid-19 and pregnant woman, it was hell. Desperately we found nothing, every hospital was full or unabled to handle my wife condition. I didn't even care of myself, my wife should get a proper hospital first. We also took an online consultation with her gynaecologist and internist just to get some insight of taking care of my wife with her condition. Night came, instead focusing on finding hospital we decided to isolate ourselves at home. 

Yet thing just didn't stop right there, on our second day self isolation my wife got blood-cough. We ran to the nearest hospital and we got rejected right at the front of emergency hospital. Hopelessly we contact our last internist, she helped us by contacting another hospital facility getting ready of handling my wife. Thank God my wife being well handled and on the most desperate days my father-in-law got new connection from his old friend, a quite influential hospital doctor, Mr. Prof. Herdiman Pohan. God bless that man.

Thing just couldn't got any better, his daughter is a gynaecologist too and a friend of my wife previous gynaecologist. Such a bless family Mr. Prof. Herdiman. Me and my wife got a treatment right away, taken care on the same room. Days passed, i was clean but my wife had not. Me being clean was not something to be cheered for. There was another morale burden i had, my wife's heart was broken, she was on 36 weeks pregnancy.. she can give birth anytime. On the same time the bill of our medical treatment is magnified. If only i can exchange my place with her, that's all i want.

I can took any medical treatment, i can do self isolation anywhere. I can barely handle covid-19 infection with no medical treatment if necessary. Just to replace my place with her. Today is the third times my wife get her swab pcr test, hopefully she will get her result negative tomorrow *finger crossed*. We're running out both money and time this very moment, putting aside morale burden we bear.

I surrender to whatever result she'll get, to only by the fact that virus usually lasts for 14 days in human body without any following symptomp. I believe my wife is already on her best condition, well doctor encourage her so either. Negative result is on the way, so God please help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment